So the last 2 weeks have been great! The drive north was delightful. We stopped in Marblehead Mass. for a night. The town was magnificent. All of the structures are from the late 1700’s and early 1800’s. I took Tim there and let him scoot and Baxter and I walked around drinking a few cocktails. He is becoming a lush but I am the bad influence.  From there we were in Maine for a week to visit Tim’s friends Chris and Joe, the experience there as always was beyond belief. We were treated to fancy dinner and fine wine. We went on a lighthouse hunt only to find the one we were going to is private and we could not go there so we retreated home for an afternoon in the pool. We started an extra night with them to attend their local Art Walk, the neighbors in the area were so nice and inviting to us. 

We then drove for an entire day to Philadelphia to see Caitlin and her partner Luis, we arrived late Friday night se we met for breakfast Saturday. It began to pour rain so I sacrificed myself to run through the rain to the bus to get all of our rain gear and jackets. After that we wandered to a beer garden to wait out the downpour. The rest of the day was pretty relaxing and chill with their 3 dogs. We went bowling and not to brag but I was the winner. I had 2 strikes in a row and was a bad bitch! I am not competitive until I am winning. Sunday we were off to see the progress on 



Well this is early but i feel that I’ve not been documenting enough! Today we are in Salem Ma. Do not be scared! I was not trialed for treason or sexual misconduct! We toured the House of Seven Gables a 1668 colonial mansion. Mansions seem to be a big party of this trip, plantation homes to Early Century summer homes. I am taking notes and in the future the RV will be way more luxurious. I plan an addition to the East wing but as we travel it keeps changing direction! 7 Gables was a great home andBaxter was my therapy pet. He gets free admission to all the sights! Can I be a therapy person to Tim? With a senior discount we would be getting a deal! 

We were on the patio of a British pub and a guy went loco because he is white and wanted to smoke by the door and a waitress asked him to move so he thew his drink and ran away. The staff chased after him as his tab was a few drinks that were not paid for. Tim was a witness and followed in the name of justice! We were comped drinks and he felt very accomplished and I was proud of him! After that we took a witch tour of the city.  


So this has probably been the most beautiful architecture i have and will see on the trip. The NY capitol is a gem of architecture, it cost a huge amount more than the one for the country in D.C.. If you are ever in the neighborhood it is worth a visit. The amount of stone is monumental and it was all carved in place is even more astounding,  After that tour we went to Hudson River Valley. There is a house similar to our pool house, dressed in a Moroccan theme. The property is named Olana and owned by one of the Hudson Valley School painters. After that we drove to Sleepy Hollow to see the home of the Headless Horseman. It was a quaint city with a huge Latin population. I was very surprised. 

After that off to the big city! There is an RV park right on the Hudson River in Liberty Harbor. Our home for 5 nights. I was off to the shops, i am not sure what i want to make for the upcoming season so I did not get a ton of materials but I was sure to stop in all the stores. On my first shopping day I treated myself to lunch at Bryant Park. I walked around the Library after and then commuted the hour back to check up on Baxter. Tim and I had different schedules for the day to comply with potty breaks. I was 10- 4:30 and Tim was 12 - 8. I could ride a train at 4:30 and find a seat and have many empty next to me!  We met in Jersey City for dinner as we were minutes to the bus after. 

Saturday was my last solo day in the city, I really wanted to spend time in Greenwich Village, I started at a sassy brunch spot then walked the campus of NYU and walked until I ran into the Stonewall Inn, the bar was dead but across Thea street in a tiny park I found a “local drag show” I was thrilled to watch a performance from a park bench. The entertainment were drinking Smirnoff vodka with Tropicana Orange Juice, that may be the worst screwdriver option but anything to grease the wheels. I was greeted by Miss Gina. She is a lady of a certain age but still out to put on a show! After that I was off to meet Tim. As a date night we went to see STOMP. It is everything you want from a show with trash as an inspiration. I do want to note: there are no shows where people of color are represented kindly. Hamilton uses POC to tell a story but its not real and Stomp has a predominantly black cast and they are pushing around brooms. I want a revival of Porgy and Bess! After the show we went to the iconic Eagle bar. Manhattan was very under populated per usual time. On Sunday we went to see our friend and beacon of hope Lady Liberty and Ellis Island. It was an all day affair as the ferry that took us 75 feet across a crossing only came once an hour and i was not prepared for that. We were so tired that we slept through our last night in the city.

After NYC was New Canaan Connecticut, there is a mid century house that I wanted to tour but once there we found out it was closed. We did have lunch down the road though! We then headed to Hartford CT where I did laundry but really to see the home that belonged to Samuel Clemens or Mark Twain. I thing this may be my favorite home to date. The first floor was grand for entertaining and the 2nd and 3rd floor were very cozy for a family. Harriet Beecher Stowe; author of Uncle Tom’s Cabin, was a neighbor and her house was open for tour but we were unable to get tickets as groups are only 4 people per hour. So much political and racial justice was written on such a small parcel of land. 

Newport Rhodesia Island was our next destination, it was a busy beach town! There were more people on the streets there than in Manhattan and none of them had a mask in sight. We had dinner in a parking lot converted into outdoor seating, it was kinda’ a parking lot with string lights overhead. The food was delicious that’s what counts. Our waitress is from Dallas so we had some chat about Texas and she said she loved Baxter and would bring him a treat and then she didn’t! 

Newport is home to 2 Vanderbilt summer cottages, by cottages they are huge mansions that would be visited for 8 to 12 weeks over the summer season. Marble House is entirely clad in stone, everything! It was a sight! I think that was my favorite house just because it was so lavish. We saw 3 houses in one day so I may get them confused in the future. 

Martha’s Vineyard was a great day trip after that. We took Baxter and the scooters over for the day and zoomed around the island. Bax was not a happy camper, he squirmed and wiggled all over the place and then when let out of his wrap he would kinda’ look innocent and prance around for a while. It was by far the hottest day and tan lines show it! After ferrying back to Woods Harbor and then riding a bus to fetch the RV I had to drive back into town to load the scooters. It was about a hour and 45 minute ordeal twice in one day. I was exhausted so we returned to the Walmart we slept at the night before. 



It has been over a month since my last post!  It seems like not a lot has happened but that would make me a liar! Tim and I arrived in Gasport on July 1st. Before we arrived Tim insisted on washing the bus so we didn’t look like gypsies pulling into my aunts driveway. $th of July was a fire in the pit and I watched the lightning bugs as the hours passed. After that we were getting ready for the Super Sonic Summer Sleep Over at Grandma-D’Souza house. As a theatric I gave her one of my 8” disco balls and ordered her a Dragon’s breath machine ( fog machine). When the dragon breath machine arrived I was eager to try it; after the smoke alarm went off I was satisfied! We worked on preparation for the event at least 3 or 4 hours a day leading up to the night. It was a smash hit! Everyone had a delightful night! After that we spent a few days on the down low, 7 grandchildren for 12 hours is exhaustion plus the next day was a birthday party from 2-6! I understand why grands have to retire.  Evvie was turning 4, the theme was mermaid... we all know i am a sucker for a theme and can not show up off topic! Hannibal Ms came in for the win! At the Good Will as i was looking for rain gear i spotted a J Crew double breast nautical cardi that I got for $4. It was perfect for the event! A few days later we finally wanted to celebrate Diane’s retirement properly! She has been to a restaurant before and we returned for a celebration, after diner we walked the coast and found a 100 year old Wurlitzer Carousel that is solar powered and had to ride! What a great experience! 

We were kinda chill for a few days then went to 1000 islands, there are really over 1840 islands but who is really counting? We toured Singer Mansion; the man who created the payment plan for home use products, and Boldt Castle. By far Singer was more grand. A family lived in the house and personal touches were left behind along as furniture and ware. Boldt was never lived in and left derelict for over 50 years.

After that adventure we returned to Buffalo for Tim’s trip home. A few days early we were rained out for a day and were left to iPad entertainment before we went to Cathode; it seemed like the only gay bar in town. We have visited here once before in our first trip to Buffalo almost 7 years before. It is very casual. We met another couple that told us about a dance bar a few blocks away.... we had to go! i danced until it was too late. When we returned to the RV Baxter was not a happy camper! His poor puppy bladder! Anyways .... the next morning we went to brunch then a Jazz Festival. This is the first ands maybe last time I wear Baxter in his wrap on the scooter! He would not settle down and after a night out i was not in the best situation to be gentle with him. 

Tim flew home to Houston for dental work and my best Judy came to visit! Daniel and I went to Green Lakes State Park. The water is divine! There is a fresh water coral reef and the clarity is beyond belief. We camped for 3 days then went to Niagara Falls and Buffalo to round out his trip. 

When Tim returned we were celebrated at Diane’s house again then we were able to do tourist things. We took a 2 hour trip on the Erie Canal going through locks up and down.

Thursday the 29th was a very important day, my cousins wife was released from the hospital after 101 days of care. She was on a ventilator and then moved to Pennsylvania to a specialty unit to get it removed and learn to breathe properly again. I met my second cousin Olivia the night before at dinner with Aunt Debbie but seeing her reunite with her mom was a special moment. That’s day also would of beef my grandparents wedding anniversary. My grandpa turned 92 and for him to be living independently is a great inspiration. I called him to let him know that I would be going down in September and his tone was really inspiring.  My aunt has this idea that there is a female cardinal that visits her to remind her of her mom, that evening I was sitting in the RV and the bird now known as Little Miss Sunshine came and pecked at the windshield and passenger side window. I am not sure what it means but I’d like to think that it was grandma letting me know that she was there for me as she was for me. It was 8:30 there wasn’t a glare on the glass or anything that would frighten a bird so it has to be of some divine intervention. 

Friday I met my aunt Sue for dinner and we had dessert at her daughter’s house! I wish i had the skins for all the taxidermy that her husband has mounted! 

After dinner with Sue we drove to Rochester and toured the Kodak mansion and grounds and on our way out of town we saw a sign for the Sterling Renaissance Festival! We had to go! We spent the afternoon at the festival and ended the day at a jousting match and then the entire staff had a sing along to end the evening. We spent the night before and after at a Harvest Host that is a U-Pick pumpkin, apple and corn field. 

We are currently in Albany NY, we will tour the state capital tomorrow. 


Well now, 

The adventure keeps rolling along! From Cleveland we went to Pittsburgh. That city is chock full of old beautiful homes. Wow, what a great drive through the tight streets that gave me palpitations on multiple turns. We went to Blue Moon bar for a night of local drag. All of my expectations were met, some good drag, some bad good drag and a few cheap beers for the win! The next morning we went to the Andy Warhol museum. It is the largest museum dedicated to one artist in the world. A must see for the city. After that a short walk away we went to lunch at a recommended tavern that has been in operation since 1902. It was a  great lunch and the waitress was really hospitable to us. I wore a caftan and got stopped multiple times on the street for compliments and she was as kind. Leaving the city on a high note we drove to look for an Amish community. We found a hamlet with Amish and as we drove in saw a guy pulling a plow with a horse. Everything on the tour map was garbage and not Amish made so we ate and kept on trucking. 

I really wanted to camp in Allegheny forest so we spent 4 nights at Twin Lakes. It was a 1930’s Civil Works project that is now operated by the community. The sites were private and the sprawling lawns were nice for the pup but his favorite was a hike we went on and he jumped into a creek and waded through the water. Once on land again and anointed by the water he had all the energy! He kept running in circles and shaking out his wet wig. Seeing him that active was entertaining. I hung my hammock in a really shaded spot and spent a few hours as day there reading. I finished “You Gotta Get Bigger Dreams” by Alan Cummings and started The Portrait of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Both compelling and entertaining  they remind me that beauty and grace are the only things that matter. I also got a really great golden bronze tan laying by the ice cold lake. I walked into my mid calf and splashed water on my body, that was enough. I saw a family of 4 walking to find a spot to set up and the attractive mom had on a bikini top and shorts with a gun strapped to her waist. I didn’t know I was in a bad neighborhood until that moment. 

Yet again scooter for the win, the camp was out of cell service so we had to scoot to a bridge to get any service. My scooter, Milo Kelly, turned over his 2,000 mile mark. We went through over half a tank of gas in a few days because the trip to and from reception was about 5 miles. 

On our way out of the park I yet again looked for the Amish encounter Tim wanted. I found a map and yet again there were no designated Amish settlements listed and over lunch Tim decided it was no good so we drove closer to Buffalo. For a night back in a city we didn’t do anything. I was in bed watching Netflix and the next morning we went to the grocery and I got a haircut and beard trim. My hair seems to be getting shorter and shorter as I try to explain what I want. I never make decisions when I get my hair done because my regular guy just knows what to do and I never ask questions. 

We have made it to my childhood city of Lockport NY. My aunt is graciously letting us park in her lawn and entertaining us for a few days. Tonight I am trenching her how to make Strawberry Margaritas and we are getting things ready for a family party. I am not yet sure our July 4th plans but no matter what it will be a delight because she will be in company.  


Wow, its been too long i might not remember all the details.We got tickets to see the 2nd city comedy troupe for Sunday but we went for a nice dinner not knowing what day of the week it was and missed the show instead we spent the day at the beach and Baxter dug a hole. Monday I went to Chicago Art Institute and it was a full day adventure. I didn’t eat breakfast so by 4:30 I had to tap out and leave. Favorite attractions there were the armory, paper weight collection and of course the sculpture garden.  My lovely Millinery sister came into town and we had a double date with our husbands, they met for the first time and I think we might be vacation companions. That was a good night in the city. We went to a cheesy Italian restaurant and the food was surprisingly delicious, that being said we did have a few drinks-poo’s before. 

Thursday we drove to Detroit to see the Henry Ford Museum. It is a gem or American History. After being to very grand museums it was an awesome change of pace and the focus of American Innovation was easy to follow. We were planning of 2 days but by the time we got into motion and arrived tickets were sold out for the exterior village of historic buildings. 

We got on the road to Sandusky Ohio, home to Cedar Point amusement park.  We were chilly at dinner so we both got a soup and beer and then walked the lake coast for a while and found a bar with live music. Baxter in his wrap was a huge rave amongst the bachelorettes. We parked in the lot of a motel close to the park and went to sleep. The next morning we were a mile from the gate and drove into the park. In line for our first ride we decided we needed to spend $220 more for “Fast Pass”  I have no idea how a regular family can afford to amuse their children over the summer. We rode a fast carousel first to get ready for the big rollercoasters. In all we rode 4 rollercoasters and a few carnival rides. The rain in the afternoon was a welcome refresher from the 82 degree weather. We left the park at 7 and went for “authentic Mexican” well it wasn’t bad and that’s good enough. 

Now we are in Cleveland Ohio. The Christmas Story House museum was a success and the owner must be making a huge amount of cash as every touring group had over 15 people for the 2 hours we were there. Tonight we will be chilly as the forecast is assuming 61 degree low tonight. 


Well Hey,

Its been so long i forgot all the places we have been! We were in Hannibal home of Mark Twain. The city was so quaint. The scooters yet again came into great assistance zooming around town. I went for a pedicure and it was odd. I guess many men do not stroll in asking for  a polish change. It started to pour rain and I was not prepared but there was a Salvation Army next door and I found a rain coat for $7. Then it stopped raining and I was wearing wet clothed with a raincoat over them. It was my Alanis Morissette moment. I found a local watering hole and dried off before touring the home of Mark Twain and a few other exhibits including Norman Rockwell drawing from a republication of Twain’s books. It was an enjoyable tour and then i met Tim for a beverage and he zoomed back to the RV and I stayed with my new friends at the bar for a while. My tab was only $18 so i guess I did a good job. The next day we took a cave tour and were on the road for Davenport. Yet again these small towns delivered. We went for Indian food comparable to what I get at home.  Then the next day we were off to Chicago. I drove through downtown traffic and didn’t hit anything, I am very proud of myself. If I can make it here I can make it anywhere! We are staying at the downtown convention center which is so easy to navigate to and from. Yesterday I got a fresh fade and am feeling good. Tim went to get new batteries and I was left to my own devices. I did not shop! We met for date night for a architecture boat tour through downtown and out into Lake Michigan. Today was a slow start. I thought going to the beach would be a fun afternoon and it was  until rain was off on the distance. Baxter went for his first scoot. It was really short but I think he really enjoyed himself. Now its time for a disco nap, we hope to go out to Boystown tonight. Let’s see what this weather does. 


So the Strawberry Festival was not a huge success. It was the hottest day so far and very little shade. Baxter was a huge celebrity as he was in his doggy Bjorne for most of the morning. We had giant corn dogs and then decided to hit the road. Back int the city we went to the Gateway Arch and sat in the lawn. The next morning we went for okey gooey cake and it was real sweet. I almost thought i was going to loose a toe. I drove us to Hannibal and we went to a patio for dinner and watched the local minstrel play a few songs. Camping at the Mark Twain Cave is nice, our neighbors Denise and Ed were nice. We sat up until 11 drinking Natty Light and they told that they know another gay couple, Chad and Michael, so they are open to the gays.  Today I scooted into town and got a fancy lavender London fog and sandwich and now I’m getting a pedicure at a shop next to a Salvation Army and City Fashion clothing store. Hannibal although small is checking all my boxes! 


Wow guys,

Before we left Memphis we stopped at Target per usual to get things we forgot or decided we need. I got a body baby wrap for Bax so he can come with us when we are gone for more than a few hours then  I drove over 200 miles today to St.Louis... well outside St. Louis. As my first long day as Captain when I chose to stop for fuel I got a Cherry Coke and Twix as a treat! Tomorrow in the small town of Kimmswick is the annual Strawberry Festival. Much like John Leguisamo I am on a cross country trip to find myself and learn form Patrick Swayze (Tim) and Wesley Snipes ( I guess Baxter ) the meaning of true sisterhood, compassion and joy to be found in new experiences. I am elated and hope my fashion choices are red and wild! I will post more to let you know the update!!!!! Tonight we are at a Harvest Host called 4204 W Main, a brewery that has a great patio and tonight was karaoke night! This may have been my gayest entrance into any venue to date! I had the baby swaddled wrapped around my body and Baxter cheerfully looking around in a small town. I thought beforehand that maybe my Astros cap would be more butch then quickly defaulted to my basic gay boy self. It turned out that Bax in a sling is a huge success. 


Hello Friends,

I almost forgot to say that I drove for the first time! I drove over 100 miles and through the city. By city there may have been 15 other cars. Clarksdale was more of a success than just a night of music. I went into New York Family Style on Main Street after my last post. I stumbled upon a display of vintage new in box shoes. They were tagged at $9.99 and after chatting with the shopkeep he said they will fall apart and I can have them for free. I am now the owner of more vintage almond toe moderately gay shoes. 

After that excitement Tim and I toured the Southern Blues Museum, not one of my favorite museums but it had a lot of clothing worn by blues singers from the 19650’s to ‘70’s.  Then on the road. 

Memphis is a delight, we are camping at T.O.Fuller State Park. Everywhere we want to go is about a 20 minute drive then we get to return to the beauty of forested delight. I thought Baxter would be more excited from all the smells but he is pretty lackluster of the situation. Yesterday during the day we went to Beale Street for a night out. It was pretty uneventful after being in the French Quarter until... A Jeep Club arrived. It was odd to see so many jacked up Jeeps with lights and decals. I can see all of the guys at home with their cricket machine looking for a font that is aggressive and tough to print the phrase “Dirty Boy” or something as ridiculous. After the Jeep parade we ran through the rain to the RV and ventured back to the park. 

We woke up and gradually got moving. First stop of the day GRACELAND! It was a huge collection of memorabilia and the house although tacky was tastefully done. I was unaware of how prolific Elvis’ career was, I knew he was famous but not to the extent of his actual fame. Home boy was really good at most things and made money doing it!The grounds and stables were perfectly maintained. My favorite part of the costume exhibit was the precision of the adornments added to everything . Nothing was out of place or missing . The entire tour was over 3 hours. 

For lunch we looked for “good Bar-b-q” and went to the home of BBQ Spaghetti The Bar-B-Q Shop. It sounds like it would be gross to have a side of noodles with bbq sauce next to chopped pork but it was a great triumph. 

Then we returned to Beale street for a night of live music at B.B.King’s. The cover band was really good and the beer was cold. Before returning to the RV we took a stroll down the street where instead of Jeeps there was an Afro-Amer motorcycle gang, these bikes were really impressive. At the second block I realized how out of place we were. I was dressed like a fancy Pinnochio carrying a clutch and wearing bejeweled slides. I asked a few of the owners how much these bikes were and they said with all the modifications they were about $60k, our scooters up the street looked like clown cars in comparison. I drove back to the camp site.

I woke up and ate breakfast. Our first stop was the National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel. Wow, what a big museum. The focus obviously was Afro-Amer which was heavily and respectfully done but what about the civil rights of other minorities? There was an empty exhibit hall that could of had LGBT or Native American civil rights included. 

After lunch where we had bourbon mayonnaise with our fries we did a driving tour of historic homes and drove back downtown to see the infamous duck march at The Peabody hotel. It was the most pomp and circumstance! 5 ducks swim in a fountain all day until a man in a silly red jacket requires the entire lobby to sit down and for 25 minutes he will roll out a carpet and place stairs at the fountain edge so he can escort 5 ducks to the elevator and take them to the duck palace on the roof where they spend the night only to repeat the next day.  It sounds ridiculous and it is but it is a must see in the city. 

We were parked for the evening by 7. I wanted to take Baxter for a walk through nature but he looked at me and then down the trail and returned his gaze to me and laid down. I guess that’s a solid NO. I must becoming an old lady, I was heavy eyed by 8:30. Laundry done I was ready for bed and the next few days. 


Well Hello Friends,

Where to begin?! Well at The Myrtles there were no ghosts or spooks in the night, we actually slept  with the windows open and enjoyed the smell of the flowers all night wafting in on the breeze. We left and drove to Natchez. I can only assume that the city was frozen in time. Every home is from the mid 1800’s and preserved to perfection. If Norman Rockwell needs inspiration this would be my recommendation. We parked outside of Stanton Hall and unloaded the scooters. They came in handy and were so much fun. We zoomed around town and stopped at a brewery overlooking the mighty Mississippi. We made friends with another couple traveling with their 15 year old pug. The lady studied civil rights and said that most of the cities along the trip are going to be “Separate and unequal” which I noticed as i was the only minority on the lawn. After the brewery we went to Fat Momma’s Tamales for a margarita named “Drop yourPants Margarita” we parked next to some very intimidating motorcycles making the scooters even gayer in comparison. 

The next day we toured Stanton Hall, the most elaborate home thus far. After we split ways and I went around town and had lunch. The city is so small that as I scooted down Main Street the driver of the horse drawn tours yelled “your dog is barking for you.” I zoomed back and Baxter could be heard a block away howling. He went from never making any noise to being a whining and howling monster. I cooed him to sleep and sat on the lawn and read my newest read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. I am looking for a baby harness for him so he can come with me everywhere  so this does not happen again. We ate BBQ riverside and by 8:30 we were ready for bed. 

We awoke on Memorial Day to a parade passing by, by parade I mean a few cars with Grand Marshalls and a drum line. We packed up and got on the road. We were going to go to Vicksburg but after driving around their downtown we decided to not and got back on the road and came to Clarksdale. Home of Southern Blues! We were walking around the downtown and heard a band playing so as a nosy neighbor I inquired. The band behind The BluesBerry Cafe was so good. We stayed for the evening and Baxter made a friend with a Pomeranian. The BluesBerry post new live shows every Monday at Another night with open windows and that’s the update as I sit in a coffee shop. I will be looking in a few thrift shops and the Blues Museum before we drive into Memphis. I think we will be there for a few days as I want to see a lot. 


Hello Friends,

It has been a rough week, with us being ignorant and maybe a mechanic not much smarter we think we are back in business. We were just outside the French Quarter at a RV park named Pontchartrain Landing. The only saving grace there was the “club house”. The weight staff were very sweet and I enjoyed chatting with them as I was staying out of the way of the mechanics. With a big patio I started and finished a book, Dream More by the queen of country Dolly Parton! 

Thinking about Club House my milliner sister Maria took mine to “The Clubhouse” which was once upon a time a gay bathhouse turned cabana and restaurant. We lounged pool side and then went to a grocery. Back to reality.

After the mechanic left for the third day in a row we slept and the following morning went down the road. We went to a plantation where our guide Emma dressed in hoops showed us around a 1790’s castle of white supremacy. We left one plantation to our next. Houma House and Garden was a house Tim described as “too much sugar for a nickel.” There were a few too many things in every room and not everything was from any defined era. We stayed here as it is a member of Harvest Host . This morning we woke to the propane generator coming to a puttering stop. Yet again we were in a pickle , the slideout was extended and I was unsure how to get it back in! When all else fails I’m quickly learning to take Baxter for a walk and problems will most likely be resolved by the time we get back. 

Crisis averted we were off to visit Whitney Plantation, it is the only plantation home focusing on the plight of slavery and oppression of enslaved persons. It to me felt like touring a concentration camp, everyone walked in smiling and soon after a sincere reverence lowered voices and slowed paces. The walking tour reminded that these people were held against their will and the consequences of a revolt  were often worse than the 16 hour work days. 

A while down the road we entered St. Francisville and toured The Myrtles, it is a haunted mansion not to be confused with Disney. These murders were done inside the house and the spirits are still here. We will be staying for the night. If any spooky events unfold I will be sure to update. 


Hello friends,

This will be a living journal as my husband, Tim Womble, and I travel this summer. We have loose plans to escape Houston heat and see the entire Mississippi River and east. 

We left yesterday May 21,2021 at 6pm from our driveway as the scooter stand scraped into the concrete. Along the ever long I-10 we stopped in Beaumont for dinner and found a dive of a family restaurant. The restaurant is called Tia Juanita’s and I want to be a drag queen names Tia Juana now. There was a live singer (who if squinting looked like Willie Nelson) who was pretty good. We sat at the bar that was too high for the barstools and ate amazing Cajun delights. After dinner Baxter took an evening stroll and we were back on the road. 

It was all fun until all lanes came to a complete halt. We were on the highway which became a parking lot until 6:30am the following morning. After an hour of driving we were diverted again to 1 lane and thus begins another 2 hour traffic jam. The good thing was that this time we were at least moving. Speeds that would of impressed a turtle but are terrible for fuel efficiency. We finally arrived in New Orleans at 12:30 and took naps! After a night without A/C or certainty of movement i was pretty exhausted. We are at Lake Pontchartrain Landing RV park waiting for a maintenance guy to help us figure out how to use or charge batteries on the Summer Home. He arrived and i escaped to let the men folk do men folk things and am sitting lake side with a view of a paddle boat. 

Tomorrow we will be in the French Quarter so you never know what goodies i will be surprised to get!